Wednesday, April 2, 2014

critical response 2

BEFORE RESPONSE 
            So, I decided to look and analyze the poem “Beauty’s Standing” from City Eclogue for a few reasons. One, I found that it would be impossible to analyze a whole book (Event Factory, or The Transformation), and I would get too picky trying to find a segment of the book. Second, I didn’t really know how to analyze the Hejinian essay, so that kind of left poetry.
            City Eclogue is not my fondest of poetries, but I don’t find it unbearable so that’s what I analyzed. I found that Beauty’s standing was short enough for me to analyze the whole thing but long enough for me to come up with a clear concise response towards it. So that’s why I chose that poem.


AFTER RESPONSE
            So, I just finished critical response 2, and I have to say 2 pages are not enough to put all I needed in it. I had a lot to say, and I worry that my thoughts were condensed, although I feel like they were organized. I did accept a fondness for the poem that I had not previously had, as reading and analyzing something enough you kind of develop Stockholm syndrome with it.
            I do say that I made a good choice for my critical response, as this poem was just short enough where I could write something that was somewhat intelligent. I  hope it was good enough.n

No comments:

Post a Comment