Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Why I like swear words/ creative project 2

While looking over assignment two a dozen times it occurred to me that it’s almost impossible to be groundbreaking. My initial idea, “Swears” consists of the following, essentially every title of every poem/ story is a swear word, and the plot revolves around the swear word to some degree. My main issues with this were that;
1)   This would be incredibly offensive.
2)   There wouldn’t be enough stories to base off swears

            So then I decided, why not push the envelope? Sleeping with the Dictionary, while admitting not my favorite piece of work had something going for it, it was well organized. And it had a theme, it was in alphabetical order, and every piece of work had something to do with the dictionary. It makes sense to me that if I am going to do something unique I have to try new things. I find works of nature and sex frivolous; they are overused, and because of such lose their entertainment value. I of course want to evoke some emotion, but the only way I think I can do it is involving naughty words.  
           
Swear words are the most powerful of words, and that is why I like them. Like a spice, you throw them in too much; they lose their purpose and make things worse. Swears have the power to evoke emotion to an extent to no other (I’m actually liking this so much this might wind up in my actual assignment). Swears are the words to use, to create, to divide, and to conquer.


There is a reason why I am obsessed with the swear, and I refuse to make it a negative thing. Hopefully, these days editing my assignment will give me true perspective on how to make this assignment great. Just because I use a little fowl language now and then doesn’t mean I don’t want to learn.

1 comment:

  1. Really great thoughts, ideas, reflections, analysis here the past weeks, keep going!

    ReplyDelete